Scott Emerson Health Innovation Award
Congratulations to the 2022 Awardee - Analynn Cooper!
Analynn is an undergraduate researcher working with Associate Professor Dr. Gar Ye Koh to explore the effect high-fat, high-sugar diets during pregnancy have on Vitamin D levels in mice offspring and how that potentially impacts human health + behavior.
About the Award
The Scott Emerson Health Innovation Award recognizes undergraduate research and ideas with potential to improve human health and heath care.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 28, 2022
- Research Presentation: April 22, 2022
- Award Announcement: April 22, 2022
The $2,000 award is presented in Collaboration with the TXST Undergraduate Research Conference and Translational Health Research Center.
How to Apply
Who is Eligible:
Undergraduate students, researchers or honors thesis participants whose work involves a new technology, approach or other innovation with the potential to improve human health or healthcare. Open across all colleges and departments at Texas State University.
Submit an abstract for the Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) Once accepted, you will receive an email and link to complete the URC Symposium information form where you will select the option to compete for the Scott Emerson Health Innovation Award.
Award Selection Based Upon:
- Potential to positively impact human health and/or healthcare.
- Research approach and rigor of the investigation or work
- Innovation and capacity to advance the current standard of care, diagnosis, delivery of care, or prevention/intervention.
- Ability to solve a complex, real-world problem with commercial potential.